It's Day 4 of Celebrating Debutantes 2013 and I'm featuring my third author and the first new adult author! Her debut novel, which was recently released last October 1, sure stirred up lots of raves. Let's all welcome the author of STIR ME UP, SABRINA ELKINS!
About Sabrina Elkins
I am a former journalist who worked for the Los Angeles Daily News and other newspapers in the greater Los Angeles area. Prior to this I worked in advertising, writing ad copy for corporate travel accounts and major motion pictures. My first job out of college was as an administrative assistant to an executive chef and a food & beverage director at a Four Seasons hotel. I also spent some time working as a prep cook for Spago in Beverly Hills.
I received my Master's degree in Journalism from the University of Southern California. While in graduate school, I had the privilege of studying fiction writing under renowned author Hubert Selby, Jr., and comedy writing under famed comedian Shelley Berman. I am a past participant of the Squaw Valley Community of Writers Summer Writing Workshop.
Raised in the woods of Vermont, I now live in the greater Los Angeles area with my husband and three children. STIR ME UP is my first novel.
Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook
THIRTEEN THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT SABRINA ELKINS
1. I’m a USC grad. Go Trojans!
2. I’m a hobby chef who has worked for real chefs and briefly as a cook for Spago in Beverly Hills. Mostly chopping onions.
3. The recipes in Stir Me Up and all the food portions of the novel were reviewed by an executive chef friend of mine.
4. Stir Me Up is set in New England, where I was raised. I’m a bit nostalgic about the place, and I think that comes across in the way I describe it.
5. The high-rise German apple pancake in the novel is the dish I make for my family every Christmas morning.
6. I’m currently writing a book about Cami’s bff, Taryn.
7. The main song that reminds me of Julian is Sail by AWOL Nation. Even though he has PTSD not ADD, I still really like it for him.
8. I’m deathly afraid of any escalator that goes down.
9. I have two dogs, but actually I prefer cats.
10. I like yoga but never seem to have time to go to class.
11. I studied ballet for years as a kid and dreamed of being a ballerina and marrying famous ballet dancer Mikhail Baryshnikov.
12. The first album I ever bought was Styx, The Grand Illusion. I still like it.
13. I married my best friend’s hot older brother. The first time I met him though, he was wearing the ugliest Fozzy Bear sweater I’ve ever seen in my life.
Aaaaaww, way to go, Sabrina! Marrying your best friend's hot older brother! And I've always dreamed of being a chef. Then I moved on from that dream to dreaming of marrying a chef. It's always food that gets me, you know? Hee. Now, let's check out Sabrina's debut novel, STIR ME UP!
Title: Stir Me Up
Author: Sabrina Elkins
Date of Publication: October 1, 2013
Cami Broussard has her future all figured out. She'll finish her senior year of high school, then go to work full-time as an apprentice chef in her father's French restaurant, alongside her boyfriend, Luke. But then twenty-year-old ex-Marine Julian Wyatt comes to live with Cami's family while recovering from serious injuries. And suddenly Cami finds herself questioning everything she thought she wanted.
Julian's all attitude, challenges and intense green-brown eyes. But beneath that abrasive exterior is a man who just might be as lost as Cami's starting to feel. And Cami can't stop thinking about him. Talking to him. Wanting to kiss him. He's got her seriously stirred up. Her senior year has just gotten a lot more complicated...
Sabrina is giving away four ecopies of STIR ME UP, open internationally. Good luck!
Thank you so much for celebrating your debut year with us, Sabrina! Now, go on to Michelle's blog and check out her interview with Liz Fichera, author of HOOKED!