Hiya'll! Been too lazy to finish this post but it's only an hour away from 2013 from where I am so I need to post this now. Haha! 2012 was the year I got into reading again. I initially set 25 books to read and accomplished that too fast. So 50 books. Poof, done. 70 books. Eeeeppp, I cheated and changed it to 65 when I knew there will be no chance of me completing the challenge. Hee.
So there'll be non-2012 releases here because I simply cannot not include Stargirl. So for the best books I read in 2012!
*Click on the cover thumbnails to go to the book's Goodreads page and the titles to my reviews!
1. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli (One of my latest reads but simply one of the best. A novel that celebrates individualism, this is a must read especially for teens.)
2. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (Craziest book I read this year. Crazily effin' great, that is.)
3. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (Magical. Just plain magical.)
4. Will Grayson, Will Grayson (Hilariously rude yet deep. It wasn't THAT amazing but I definitely loved this book.)
5. Divergent by Veronica Roth (One of the most kickass heroines ever. Plus, this was a philosophical read for me, made me go muse like I did with Once and Future King.)
6. Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama (Hauntingly beautiful, hauntingly sensual, hauntingly poignant and bittersweet.)
7. The Book of James by Ellen J. Green (Probably my first indie book. SO GOOD. The mystery was super tight and what a rollercoaster of a read. Too bad it's so underappreciated.)
8. Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn (Super sweet and cute!)
9. The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan (Achingly truthful yet sweet.)
10. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins (Made me sink into reading again.)
1. Tempest by Julie Cross (Made me squee in delight with the time travel and the sweet but broke my heart.)
2. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay (Simply the best realistic contemporary YA I read this year.)
3. After Hello by Lisa Mangum (The sweetest contemporary YA I read this year. The SWEETEST!)
I know everyone already posted theirs but feel free to share it in the comments!
Here's to more books in 2013!